Sunday, June 19, 2011

Over four months ago

I made a post in this blog, and I did not return until now. The last post was a hurried one, about being busy, and a promise to return soon. I come to you now from a fantastically quiet space. It was necessary today for me to take a little getaway, and I'm choosing to do it in a place where I can sit and catch up with the little things that I enjoy most in my free time. For the past several hours, I've been reading Yarn Harlot blog posts from March until now. I'm finally caught up, which makes me feel very relieved, because I really missed hearing what was going on with Steph on a regular basis. I'm going to knit for the next couple of hours before I head on home. I planned on showing you a picture of the Ishbel I've been working on, but my new laptop's webcam will not let me, and my camera stayed at home today. But, I will come back with pictures, and also some pictures of the feather and fan scarf that I'm wearing right now.

In case you've been wondering what I've been up to for the past four months, I finished up the school year, operas included, with general success. I'd say that I've been resting since then, but it would be a lie. I took a summer job working at a doggie day care, and that pretty much takes up all of my time. I've been doing a scandalously small amount of knitting, which I plan to rectify this week. Over the past few weeks I have traveled, to Dallas for a wedding and Gulfport for a party, and now that everything is settled down again I think I'll have more free time. However, a substantial part of that should be used for practicing, since I have been neglecting that, lately. But, I really need to get more knitting in--the lack of yarn in my life lately has been seriously impacting my mood. The Ishbel is made with Knit Picks Palette for stashbusting purposes, so it's going to be pretty big, and hopefully really beautiful.

I really will return soon with pictures. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding comments, so please drop me a line!