Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Right Direction

Hello all. Suddenly, it's been almost a month since I made a post. I haven't been knitting much, because my job's been keeping me really busy. But, I've made a lot of changes in the past few days, including leaving that job, and now I'm moving in a direction that is much better for me.

So, today I did pretty much nothing but work on my Mara. I watched two of my favorite movies to knit to, Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightley.

The garter stitch is taking a long time, but I know I'm going to love the finished product. I have four balls of Palette, which I was originally going to use to make 198 Yards of Heaven. However, that project stayed in hibernation for a really long time, because the pattern was driving me insane. I had named that shawl "Welcome to Blue Heaven" in reference to the anime Outlaw Star. After frogging the shawl, I decided that I still wanted the anime reference, so the Mara's name is Melfina, after the main female character from the same anime. I named it after her because she is pretty much identified with the color blue for most of the show:



I'm not sure if I'm going to use three of the balls or all four, but I plan to make it big, almost cape-like, so I can wear it as an outer layer. I'm about a quarter into the second ball, so I have a while to go. I'll take a picture outside tomorrow, while Ben and I enjoy an adventure-filled day in town.

More soon! I have a feeling I'll be knitting a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding comments, so please drop me a line!