Monday, October 17, 2011

Old and New

This is what my life looks like today:



It is my long-awaited fall break, and I'm doing nothing but what I want to do. The power is currently out at my house, but I don't mind, because everything I need is right here. I spent the morning being lazy and re-skeining some yarn that I want to return (the Noro Iro in the pictures). Also pictured are my Unicorn Cupcake socks, which I'm making mostly so that this yarn may come to some use--I can't think of anything else to knit it into. On the right is my Holden Shawlette, (Rav link) which I am doing as a knit-a-long with my tattoo artist Jessie (JessieJaine on Ravelry). Center is the book I've been reading for a very long time. I love it dearly, and it makes me really happy that I've made some progress on it lately. I also beat the amazing game Portal last night, and I may just start Portal 2 tonight.

It's been a crazy time for me (I feel like I say that every time I post. Maybe my life is just non-stop crazytime) and I'm glad to have this chance to stop and rest. It's a joy to be making new knitting friends, and prioritizing where I spend my energy in my life. It's not always easy, but it's usually good. The opera that I've been in late-night rehearsal for is over as of Saturday, so I should have much more time in the evenings for myself, now. Maybe I'll have some FOs to show off soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding comments, so please drop me a line!