Thursday, August 23, 2012

Baby Steps

I finished the first chart of Esperanza today. I'm surprised how quickly I
managed to get it done, given that I've been spending about five hours a day learning my new role for the opera. I have to say, I am really enjoying this pattern. I wish I had tried working with lace weight sooner, because I'm really enjoying it. I know that the going will get slower as the shawl gets bigger, but I'm loving every minute of it, and it is helping me unwind in just the way I hoped it would. I think that sometimes, when people are placed in a situation where many things in their life are changed, they start assuming that everything has changed. It's been like this for me, at least. I think that, after moving to Chicago, there was a part of me that thought knitting had changed, somehow. But, if anything, it is more helpful now, and I am in a town that is even more knitter friendly. Speaking of this, amazing news! In October, I am going to Vogue Knitting Live!!!!! Somehow I had managed to forget that this event happens in Chicago, but I was reading the Yarn Harlot's blog, and it was mentioned in her tour itinerary, which reminded me! I got a three day marketplace pass, and a ticket to the Yarn Harlot's lecture! This will be my first knitting event, and I am so excited! Ysolda Teague will also be there, and I'm hoping that there are Ravelry gatherings like there usually are at the knitting events. Maybe I might even get to catch a glimpse of Bob? One can only hope. Anyway, my goal is to complete Esperanza in time to wear it to VKL. One of my best friends, who I've been teaching to knit (she is a natural!!!) will be in town for the event, which is going to make it even better!!

So, I need to keep trucking along on Esperanza if I want her to be done by then. I leave you with a picture of her in the yarn bowl that my friend Amanda made for me! I've had it for quite some time, but I'm just getting around to using it because I thought it would be most useful when I had my own place and could put it on the floor. Silly me, now that I have my own place, I still use it most on the bed. At any rate, I love it, and it works beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding comments, so please drop me a line!