Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Three

Three years ago today, I cast on my first knitting project--a red scarf for my little brother. I had hopes of one day being able to produce some of the beautiful lace that I drooled over on Ravelry. I had no idea that this new endeavor would become such an enormous part of my life. I didn't know that, one day, I would never leave the house without a sock. I didn't know that there would be a day when movies and knitting were inseparable. I didn't know that knitting would keep me company through the happiest and saddest moments of life, and that it would keep me warm during my first frigid Chicago winter. I didn't know that it would be something I could share, both with strangers and with my dearest friends, and that it would bring us all so much closer together. It has changed me in so many ways, and I continue to see growth every day. I'm so blessed to have found something that has touched my life in so many ways, and will continue to accompany me in little and big moments, for as long as my hands obey me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding comments, so please drop me a line!