Sunday, July 15, 2012

Charted Territory

I'm not always good with change, and sometimes that makes my life difficult. This is particularly true in the case of charted vs. written patterns. I grew up crocheting, and later knitting, from written patterns, and I've never made the leap to charted patterns. It started as simply a preference, but I think it is beginning to pass into the realm of fear, and so I've decided that it is time. There are literally dozens of patterns I haven't knitted yet because I don't read charts. But, I'm planning a totally epic Celtic cabled bag, inspired by the lovely evening I had seeing the movie Brave, as well as my love of all things Scottish. The pattern I want to use as my jumping off point has a charted cable pattern, and I've decided the time has come. Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding comments, so please drop me a line!