Thursday, July 26, 2012

Twists and Turns

It's been a bit since my last post: things have been a bit odd as Ben and I prepare to move to Chicago. There are so many little twists and turns that precede such a big step, and it can be very disorienting. However, things have been gradually improving, and we are looking forward to a wonderful adventure. In the meantime, I've been working on my Celtic bag, and I'm almost finished with the front. I tried binding it off once, but the edge of the bag expanded and was ruffled, so I went back and decreased strategically, which produced a variety of pleasing results. Firstly, it made the edge smaller than the rest of the bag, which will create a nice shape on the finished bag, and the way that I placed the increases made the cables end in a way that I really like. Overall, I'm pretty excited, and I can't wait to crochet on the edge and buttonhole, and whip up the other side of the bag. Then, I can make the strap and line this baby. I'm feeling very successful, so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding comments, so please drop me a line!