Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Year and a Day

Last June, I decided that I wanted to start a pair of mittens. I titled them "Mittens in June?" in my Ravelry notebook, deciding to start them early so that I could have them done before it got cold enough to wear them. Unfortunately, that did not happen. Not only were they not done in time for the beginning of winter--they didn't get done for any of winter, and are still sitting here, unfinished. Until today. It is July 1st, a year and a day since the month I started these. I am moving to Chicago in less than a month (had I mentioned that?) and this madness has to end.

Today, these mittens are going down. Sadly, I'm not even sure if they will be warm enough for a Chicago winter, but it's the principle of the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding comments, so please drop me a line!