Wednesday, January 13, 2010

All the help we can give

As everyone probably knows, things are not going very well in Haiti right now. I have several friends at my university who have still not been able to make contact their families at all. I am praying that the news will come swiftly to them, and that it will be good news.

Today, I read The Yarn Harlot's post. I had been planning on donating to Doctors Without Borders/ Médecins Sans Frontières, but I hadn't yet.

Well, now I have. I know that I probably don't have a very big following here, but I'm hoping that anyone who reads this will at least consider donating to this organization. If you read the Harlot's post (linked above) you will see how bad things are right now in Haiti, and that they need all the help that we can give. As a resident of New Orleans, I remember how grateful I was when people gave their time to help us during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. We needed all the help they could give. Now, I can give, and I did. I hope that you will, too.

I'm not trying to pressure, or guilt trip. I'm just trying to get the word out.





Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding comments, so please drop me a line!